A delicious twist to your regular pizza. You can change up the cheese to suit your individual taste.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Ontario Onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 8 to 10 stalks Ontario Asparagus, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium Ontario Greenhouse Tomato, chopped
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 baked 12-inch whole wheat pizza crust
- 3 tbsp feta cheese, crumbled
In frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat; sauté onion and garlic until softened and golden, about 8 minutes. Add vinegar and sugar; stir. Add asparagus; cook for 3 minutes. Add tomato, basil, and salt and pepper to taste; cook for 1 minute.
Spread asparagus mixture over whole-wheat pizza crust; top with chèvre cheese.
Place pizza on a baking sheet and put on middle oven rack. Bake in 400°F (190°C) oven for 6 to 8 minutes or until crust browns.