With spring comes asparagus. Try our homemade salsa recipe to serve up with this delicious snack.
- 1 Ontario Greenhouse Sweet Red Pepper, quartered
- 1/2 lb (250 g) Ontario Asparagus, trimmed
- 125 g large tortilla chips
- 1 Ontario Greenhouse Tomato, diced
- 1 Ontario Green Onion, sliced
- Sliced olives and pickled jalapeño slices (optional)
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded cheese, such as a Tex Mex or Mexican blend
- Fresh salsa
Place red pepper on greased grill over medium heat, grill until lightly charred and soft, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat; chop.
Meanwhile, place asparagus in grill basket. Grill until tender-crisp and lightly charred in places, about 5 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove from heat; chop.
In shallow metal pan, arrange a single layer of tortilla chips. Scatter red pepper, asparagus, tomatoes, green onions and toppings (if using) evenly over chips. Sprinkle with cheese.
Place pan on grill, close lid and grill over medium heat until cheese melts, about 5 minutes. Serve with salsa.
Yield: serves 2 as a snack